Oregon Department of Education Child Nutrition Programs (ODE CNP) and Partners for a Hunger-Free Oregon (PHFO) convene statewide summer meals meetings in order to:
- gather input about the Summer Food Service Program (SFSP) in Oregon;
- provide training, resources and networking to programs;
- connect other state partner networks such as human services, libraries, and healthcare to the program.
We encourage local communities to establish similar coalitions or workgroups to promote strong summer meal programs. Resources from each state meeting can be found below. If you would like information about attending a state summer meals meeting or establishing a local workgroup in your community, please contact Cathy Brock at ODE CNP at [email protected] or 503.947.5898 or Marcella Miller at [email protected] or 503.595.5501 x307.
January 24th, 2017 Meeting Materials
Meeting Notes (PDF)
Expanding Marketing Efforts to Raise Awareness
- FRAC Promising Practices: Marketing and Outreach (PDF, 2.42 MB)
- Oregon Summer Meals Texting and Social Media (PDF, 223 KB)
- End Hunger Connecticut Summer Meals Outreach Blitz Pocket Guide (PDF, 876 KB)
Adding Enrichment and Enrichment Activities to Engage More Children
- Summer Food, Summer Moves Toolkit from USDA Team Nutrition (PDF, 1.96 MB)
- City of Aumsville Activity Ideas (PDF, 80 KB)
- OregonASK Summer Meal Activity Toolkit (PDF, 277 MB)
Summer Meals Celebrations and Spike Events
- Summer Meals Celebrations and Spike Events Presentation (PDF, 11.7 MB)
- Summer Meals Celebrations Toolkit, Coming soon!