Summer Meals Support Fund
Partners for a Hunger-Free Oregon
Partners for a Hunger-Free Oregon is excited to open the eighth season of the Summer Meals Support Fund. Since 2009, the grant program has provided start-up and expansion grants to communities throughout Oregon, partnering with over 115 unique organizations. The $2,500 and $5,000 awards are available to new or growing summer meals sites and sponsors to support community-based programs in connecting more kids to summer nutrition and enrichment while school is out.
Please read the grant guidelines carefully. Applications are due by Friday, April 15th, 2016 and should be submitted via email to Marcella@oregonhunger.org.
- 2016 Summer Meals Support Fund Grant Guidelines (PDF, 153 KB)
- 2016 Summer Meals Support Fund Grant Application (PDF, 278 KB)
For more information, contact Marcella Miller at Marcella@oregonhunger.org.
Start-Up and Expansion Grants for Summer and Afterschool Meal Programs
Oregon Department of Education Child Nutrition Programs (ODE CNP)
For several years, the Oregon State Legislature has designated state funds for the expansion of summer and at-risk child nutrition programs. Non-competitive grants of up to $20,000 are available throughout the 2015-17 biennium for current and new sponsors of the Summer Food Service Program, At-Risk Afterschool Meal Program, and Seamless Summer Option.
Grant rounds will occur quarterly until all funds have been expended. A total of $461,671 is available during the 2015-17 biennium.
· Round 1: open December 2 - December 30, 2015
· Round 2: open March 9 – March 30, 2016 (Funds must be expended by September 23rd, 2016)
· Round 3: open March 14 – October 5, 2016 (Funds must be expended by February 1st, 2016)