Summer Meals Support Fund
Partners for a Hunger-Free Oregon
Partners for a Hunger-Free Oregon is excited to open the ninth season of the Summer Meals Support Fund. Since 2009, the grant program has provided start-up and expansion grants to communities throughout Oregon, partnering with over 134 unique organizations. Awards up to $5,000 are available to new or growing summer meals sites and sponsors to support community-based programs in connecting more kids to summer nutrition and enrichment while school is out.
We are now accepting applications for 2017! Applications are due Friday, April 7, 2017 at 5pm.
Instructions for Applicants:
- Please read the grant guidelines in full
- Please submit your completed application using the google form (link provided below.) The word version of the application is available to record your answers ahead of time and save a final copy for your records. We highly recommend that you type your application in the word document first and then copy and paste your responses into the google form.
2017 Summer Meal Support Fund Application (Google Form)
2017 Summer Meal Support Fund Application (Word Version)
If your organization is interested in applying, we'd love to hear from you in advance. For more information, contact Megan Taliaferro at [email protected] or 503-595-5501 x304
Community Grants Program
United Fresh Start Foundation
Grants up to $2,500 are available to organizations and groups who provide children with access to fresh fruits and vegetables afterschool, on the weekends and during summer breaks.
Applications are due April 7, 2017.
For more information, visit the United Fresh Start Foundation website.
New Books and Resources for Summer Meal Sites
Share Our Strength and First Book
Get brand new books into your program, just in time for summer learning! Thanks to support from C&S Wholesale Grocers, you can access $100 of free books from the First Book Marketplace! To choose your free books, all you have to do is sign up. Follow these steps to bring great books to you Summer Meals site.
1. Sign up! Anyone serving kids from low-income families through a school, summer meal site, or other community organization is eligible to join.
2. Visit the First Book Marketplace and check out the wide variety of resources available.
3. Enter the code SoS2017 in your shopping cart to take up to $100 off your book order! This particular funding opportunity applies to books only.
School Grants for Healthy Kids
Action for Healthy Kids
School Breakfast Grants: Awards from $500 - $3,000 are available to schools to support increased breakfast participation.
Game On Grants: Up to $1,000 available for schools for physical activity and nutrition initiatives that support schools in becoming nationally recognized as health-promoting.
Applications due Friday, April 7, 2017.
More information about grant eligibility and application processes can be found on the Action for Healthy Kids website.
Start-Up and Expansion Grants for Summer and Afterschool Meal Programs
Oregon Department of Education Child Nutrition Programs (ODE CNP)
For several years, the Oregon State Legislature has designated state funds for the expansion of summer and at-risk child nutrition programs. Non-competitive grants of up to $20,000 are available throughout the 2015-17 biennium for current and new sponsors of the Summer Food Service Program, At-Risk Afterschool Meal Program, and Seamless Summer Option.
The current grant round will be open February 1st - 28th, 2017.
Grant rounds will occur quarterly until all funds have been expended. A total of $461,671 is available during the 2015-17 biennium.