2013 Summer Food Grant Applications have closed
The Grant application period for our 2013 Summer Food Support Grant campaign is now closed. Please check back in 2014. If you have questions, contact Lesley Nelson, Child Nutrition Outreach Specialist. (503) 595-5501 ext 307
About the grants
Thanks to the generosity of numerous donors, Partners for a Hunger-Free Oregon is offering grants to qualifying organizations to support and expand summer food programs in Oregon.
A limited number of one-time grants between $1,000 and $5,000 are available.
- All awardees must either support or operate programs utilizing USDA funds through the Summer Food Service Program or NSLP Seamless Summer Option.
Awardees are expected to use funds to expand access to summer meal programs for children in Oregon.
- Examples of activities to “expand access” include: opening new meal sites, adding service days, offering additional meal types, preventing sites from closing OR supporting other organizations in doing so.
- Funds will be considered for the following uses: Equipment, Transportation, Staffing (up to 50% of any staff's salary), Outreach ($500 limit). Food costs will not be funded.
Complete the full online application, and download the budget template, and either:
1) email your budget and proof of tax exempt status to email@example.com or
2) Send hard copies to our mailing address:Summer Meals Support Fund Partners for a Hunger-Free Oregon 712 SE Hawthorne, Suite 202 Portland, OR 97214
In addition to providing funds, PHFO will collaborate with each awardee to offer technical assistance, resources and support.